Friday, June 17, 2011

Summertime Heat; the Source and the Disaster

The day after Flag day, I overheard some grizzlies complaining about the heat while I was waiting for my friend at the park. "Why does summer have to be so hot? Why can't it be, well like, warm instead?" one was saying. "Each summer gets hotter, I just don't understand it! And every winter, it gets less cold! It's like summer is stealing all the heat from winter!"another agreed. Just then I spotted my friend, Liru approaching. I had to go, but I would have enjoyed to continue listening to those brown bears.

That night I lay on my bed, thinking about what would happen if one summer it would get so hot you could catch on fire just lying on the rocky material people called "cement" or "blacktop." Finally I fell asleep, all the time dreaming about the horrible disasters that might occur in the future.

The next day I went to the library to do some research about the heat and it's source. Good thing there was air conditioning in there, or it would way too hot to be reading, even in a comfortable armchair. I found out why it was so hot. It was because of this situation called "global warming."

That night I slept well, knowing that the horrid disaster I thought of last night couldn't be true. But still, I had some side thoughts; what would happen if something else was happening? But I had no more time to think, as I slowly started to forget everything, falling fast to a deep sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Is 'Global warming' the source of heat or the symptom of the heat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/science/topics/globalwarming/index.html

    ReplyDelete